The helicopters used for Heli-skiing are the Eurocopter Ecureuil (Squirrel) B3 and B4 that can accommodate 5 passengers in total comfort and are high performance machines that are fast and environmentally friendly. The fleet of helicopters we have access to are immaculately maintained by a professional team of on site engineers and ground crew. If you have any queries regarding the safety of your group during the Heli-ski, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Max. lifting capacity: 1400 kg
- Max. flight duration: 2 3/4 h
- Max. speed: 287 km/h
- Cruising speed: 240 km/h
- Max. service ceiling: 7010 m/M
- Range: 575 km
The pilots are the some of the best in the world as they are used for swiss mountain rescue. We also have Heli TV available to film your skiing experience.
At Airpowder we want to keep the powder! Although we operate what may seem to be an un-environmentally friendly operation Airpowder aims to reduce its carbon footprint at every stage of its operation. Our policy runs as follow -
- Our base resort of Leysin is working to become a renewable power user and plans to place some solar panels at the tourism office in order to generate energy. "As Leysin 's inhabitants have more and more interest in ecology and renewable energies, we hope it will develop a lot in the future." Said a resort spokesperson.
- Airpowder only use helicopters that are highly fuel efficient and hence far more environmentally friendly than some of the helicopters other heliski operations use.
- Airpowder can include on request an offsetting of your carbon emissions for your helicopter trips and stay. Please enquire at time of booking.
- Airpowder are members of the Ski Club of Great Britain's Respect the Mountain campaign.